TISC can help in:
- The establishment of new start-up companies through links with venture capital firms in countries where these are available. TISC can help to address any conflicts of interest which may arise between researchers’ duties to their partner institutes and their spin-off company.
- Promoting knowledge and awareness on patent processing.
- Facilitating the procedures to apply for and obtain patents.
- Regulating and creating intellectual property agreements between CMRDI and industry.
- Contribute to the drafting of agreements to protect the intellectual property between CMRDI staff and industry